Friday, September 26, 2014

Chain Lightning by Elizabeth Lowell

Chain Lightning by Elizabeth Lowell

I recently checked out this audiobook from my local library, and lets say this book passed the time for me. If I would have checked this book out as an ebook, I think I would've ditched the book right away. But I gave the audiobook a chance. And overall I would only rate this book at 3 out of 5 stars and that's really pushing it.

Mandy finds herself bidding on her boss's handsome nephew at a bachelor auction. The winner gets a date of the bachelors choice to any destination of his choosing. However, Mandy doesn't think she will be going anywhere with Damon. But that notion is short lived when her boss forces her onto a plane to The Great Barrier Reef.

Mandy doesn't have a strong stomach for planes or the sea that she once loved so much. So when Damon forces her onto a small engine plane she begins to panic. Damon can't figure out what her problem is. The only thing he wants is for her to go back home, away from him so he doesnt have to fight his attraction to her anymore.

Damon begins to realize Mandy truly has a fear of the sea. But she loves it so much that he wants to uncover why she is so terrified. Damon and Mandy find themselves in a battle fighting their chemistry and passion for one another. All the while Damon begins helping her to fight her fear of the sea. He wants Mandy to be happy while she gets back the one thing she loves the most, the love for the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment