Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Along Came A Duke by Elizabeth Boyle

Along Came A Duke is a historical romance written by Elizabeth Boyle. This was my first book by Doyle that I've read. Well actually I listened to the audiobook which I downloaded to my IPod. 

This book is a good, old fashioned romance. This was a book I was able to leave for a few days and come back to. The urge to read the hook straight through just wasn't there with this book. And to be honest it kinda of moved a little slow. I would give this a 3 out of 5 stars. 

Miss Tabitha Timmons must marry a man her deceased uncle has chosen for her to obtain an inheritance. Tabithas aunt and uncle rush her off to meet her future husband in plans of her obtaining the inheritance. However, Miss Timmons meets the acquaintance of Preston and she can't seem to forget him. Suddenly Preston seems to show up everywhere Tabitha is and before long he finds himself  unable to think of another woman but her. 
So when Preston learns of the stipulations in the inheritance he finds he can't let Tabby marry Mr. Barkworth. And before Preston knows it, he's trying to ruin Miss Tabby so Barkworth won't want to marry a woman of scandal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment